The EMEA Marketing Manager is part of the Business Unit Organisation. The main responsibility of the EMEA Marketing Manager is to plan, implement and control programmes to increase market penetration and profitability for a range of products.
The EMEA Marketing Manager plans, directs and controls all marketing activities of respective product portfolio, including the setting of company marketing policies and objectives, liaison with branches and agents, market research, sales promotion, advertising, public relations and development of the marketing budget.
Establishes marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products/services.
Evaluates the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
1. Developing marketing plans.
- Plays a key role in developing company marketing strategy for the BU.
- To gather, analyse and report relevant market, competitor and product data related to the marketing of my clients position in the EMEA scope of related products via sales.
- To prepare a yearly European product and marketing strategy in line with the European strategic plan, incorporating the price strategy to the end-user, in order to support actively the sales departments.
- To develop marketing plans for new products in the EMEA scope, incorporating the tactics (including correct price setting proposals) that will result in the optimisation of market share in the short and long run.
- To actively support the sales teams
2. Managing Promotional activities
- To manage all the necessary promotional activities including the organisation of exhibitions, symposia and other similar meetings in order to support the sales activities of my clients sales people.
- To develop in collaboration with TE IS and TE Communication Departments all the necessary promotional tools, brochures, leaflets, mailings and articles in order to support the sales activities of my clients sales people
- Maintain excellent relation with external official parties, authorities and organisations
- Contribute actively to my clients brand image through communicating actively and effectively with third parties (participation in conferences etc.)
3. Implementing Marketing and business plans
- Implementation and steering of EMEA marketing & business plans with interface with sales branches
- Support the field sales force to monitor trends and to improve market intelligence
- Ensure that the Marketing strategy is cascaded down to the local organisations
- Support to sales branches as product specialist for product portfolio
- Follow up sales and profit forecasting in order to adapt marketing strategy as required
- Benchmarking : competition, products
- Execute and analyse for a product group the competitor, the market need, the product and marketing technique, marketing budget, pricing and consumer research
4. Align and support training activities.
- To align product focus with training team to ensure sales force training will be based on latest company focus. To support training with product and market knowledge to inspire sales force and to improve their necessary skills to maximize sales.
5. Creation and Marketing New products
- To closely follow up the market evolutions (e.g. implementation of new, new managerial concepts, changes in customer demands and behaviors) and look for new added value for the customer. Enabling the sales expansion my client in this field and improving the profitability.
- To investigate which additional products or technologies are necessary in order to expand the business? To present new ideas for the creation of new products, concepts... and to manage the (pre-) marketing activities of my clients new products in order to successfully introduce these (new) products and, after introduction, to pass on a "finished" product to my clients Branches.
- Field evaluation of new products
- Based on market analysis and knowledge analyse the need for and propose new product launches
- BU supporting function for complaint and recall handling quality process
- Experience in all marketing (research) techniques and concepts preferably with a high-level view on the major future trends.
- Deep knowledge of the Interventional market and of the European Interventional community and its K.O.Ls.
- Former Sales experience preferred
- Able to work in European wide team of professional people.
- Very good working knowledge of English (written, read and spoken). Other languages can be an advantage.
- Good presentation skills.
This role can be based in Brussels OR Paris